Monday, March 07, 2005

my name is m&m-- i'm a geek.

I've collected Nancy Drew mysteries since I was a little girl. All told, I probably have over three hundred. Several copies of each original hardcover by the pseudo-author Carolyn Keene-- Nancy drives her cool convertible.

Countless paperbacks (from the 80s and 90s) prop up tables and act as doorjambs at my place-- Nancy discusses STDs and fad diets with her friends. (Andy knows about collectors' obsessions. Can you say 'Louis, Louis'?)

I say all this because I just got the most wonderful gift. A mint condition Nancy Drew from the early 30s. The Ivory Charm.

Hm. I wonder how much I could get for it on ebay. I have had my eye on this digital camera.

Nancy would approve. In the newest paperback, she's dating a jet-setting fashion photographer addicted to methamphetamines... oh, god!